Danish courses 1 x a week
Who can apply?
Danish courses 1 x a week is also called blended or online courses. Blended and online Danish language courses are for students who want the freedom to organise their own Danish language courses.
In order to participate in an online/blended course, you must have access to the Internet and to a PC/Mac. In addition, you must want to learn Danish via our digital learning platform mit.speakspeak.dk.
Our online and blended Danish language courses are for all foreign residents above the age of 18 who have a civil registration number and are entitled to Danish language lessons.
What is an online or blended Danish language course?
We provide online and blended Danish language courses for people who require a very flexible yet intensive course. If you would like to learn Danish quickly and effectively, but you are unable to attend regular lessons on account of changing hours of work or travelling, you have the option of choosing one of our online or blended Danish courses.
- Blended classes, which is a combination of attending a weekly classroom session and completing online assignments by yourself.
- Saturday classes, which is a combination of classroom teaching every Saturday and self-study online.
As a general rule, an online or blended Danish language course has the same scope and length as a 2 x a week Danish course. Saturday classes are less concentrated and are developed specially for you who have very busy weekdays but time off on weekends.
Danish Language 3
We offer online and blended teaching on Danish Language 3. The courses are divided into modules, and at the end of every module, you may sit a module examination.
Blended Frederiksberg, Lyngby & Hellerup
You will attend lessons one evening per week with students at the same level as you. In addition, you should set aside 3-4 hours per week to study by yourself and to complete several online assignments. You decide when you want to complete the online exercises.
The course is for students on Danish Language 3, modules 1 – 6
You will attend lessons every Saturday with other students from Danish Education 3. In addition, you will complete exercises online and you can choose to hand in written exercises and get feedback from your teacher. On Saturdays, we might start the day with a cup of coffee and we work with – and complete – different topics every time. You can help choose the topics.
The course is for students on Danish Language 3, modules 2, 3, 4 & 5.
Danish language examinations
You can finish any of our Danish Language courses by sitting an official examination. Read more on the examinations and what they provide access to here.
- Blended classes take place at Speak Frederiksberg, Speak Lyngby & Speak Hellerup.
- Saturday classes take place at Speak Hellerup.
- Blended Frederiksberg: One evening per week 17.30 – 20 + online assignments.
- Blended Lyngby & Hellerup: One evening per week 18.15 – 20.45 + online assignments.
- Saturday classes Hellerup: Every Saturday 9.30 – 12 + online assignments (modules 2, 3, 4 & 5).
- Courses are free of charge if you hold a cpr-number and are entitled to Danish language lessons. Self-supporting student must pay a one-off deposit of DKK 2.000,- (see below).
- If you are not entitled to Danish language lessons, the courses cost DKK 136 per lesson (45 minutes).
- Prices include the fee to sit the final Danish language examination on your final module.
As a general rule, you are entitled to free Danish education for 5 years from your arrival to Denmark.
If you are a self supporting student (not au pairs) you must pay a deposit of DKK 2.000,- before you can start. You can get your deposit refunded – or transferred to the next module – if you pass the module within the set deadline.
If you do not pass the module within the deadline, you will lose your deposit and must pay a new deposit if you want to continue to the next module.
Blended & Saturday classes
You need to attend an interview with a language consultant, before you can enrol.