Summer course in Danish
Who can apply?
Our intensive Danish language summer courses are for you, who want to spend 2 or 3 weeks of your summer to improve your Danish considerably.
The courses are Danish language 3 courses and you must be ready to work intensively with the Danish language every day.
You must be over the age of 18 to participate.
- July: Danish Education 3, module 1 – 4 (2 or 3 weeks).
- August: Danish Education 3, module 1 (3 weeks).
If you are a complete beginner in Danish, please enrol online below.
If you already know a little – or more – Danish, please book an assessment interview below.
NB: Please note that perfect attendance is mandatory for the entire duration of the course with no exceptions for unforeseen emergencies. If you fail to participate every day, we will unfortunately have to cancel you from the course.
What do you learn?
The Danish language summer courses are part of the officiel Danish Education system (see model).
If you are a beginner (module 1 or 2), you can either finish your current module in 2 weeks, or you can complete an entire module in 3 weeks.
If you are an advanced student (module 3 or 4), you can complete the first or last part of the module in 2 weeks.
To complete a module you must sit for a module exam. If you participate in the first part of a module, you can continue the module from August.
Extent of the course
The course takes place every day, Monday to Friday. In addition, you should expect about 1½ hour of homework every day. It is an intensive course that requires every day attendance.
If you attend the July course, you can attend an informal and interesting weekly excursion such as a canal tour in Copenhagen, a visit to Christiania or the like. Participation in the excursions is optional. If you attend the August course, you can attend one excursion during the course.
The practicalities - July course
- Speak Hellerup (modules 1 – 4).
- Module 3.1 & 3.2 full module: 3 weeks in July 2024
- Module 3.1 & 3.2 continuation: 2 weeks in July 2024
- Module 3.3 & 3.4 start or continuation: 2 weeks in July 2024
- Mondays – Fridays: 9 – 12.15 + an optional weekly excursion.
- If you are entitled to Danish Education the courses are free of charge except for a one-off deposit of DKK 2.000,-. See deposit rules here.
- If you are not entitled to Danish Education the courses cost DKK 3.995 for 2 weeks and DKK 4.995 for 3 weeks. Excursions are included in the price. Payment will not be refunded if you fail to participate during the course.
Courses will be held provided that we get enough enrolments in each module.
The practicalities - August course
- Speak Hellerup (module 1)
- Module 3.1: 3 weeks in August 2024.
- Mondays – Fridays: 9 – 12.15 + an optional excursion during the course.
- If you are entitled to Danish Education the course is free of charge except for a one-off deposit of DKK 2.000,-.
- If you are not entitled to Danish Education the course costs DKK 4.995.
The course will be held provided that we get enough enrolments.
As a general rule, you are entitled to free Danish education for 5 years from your arrival to Denmark.
If you are a self supporting student (not au pairs) you must pay a deposit of DKK 2.000,- before you can start. You can get your deposit refunded – or transferred to the next module – if you pass the module within the set deadline.
If you do not pass the module within the deadline, you will lose your deposit and must pay a new deposit if you want to continue to the next module.
You must attend an interview with one of our language consultants to get started.