Summer course in Danish
Who can apply?
Our intensive Danish language summer courses are for you, who want to spend 2 or 3 weeks of your summer to improve your Danish considerably.
You must be over the age of 18 to participate in the course.
- July: Danish Education 3, module 1 – 4 (2 or 3 weeks).
- August: Danish Education 3, module 1 & 2 (3 weeks).
What do you learn?
The Danish language summer courses are part of the officiel Danish Education system (see model).
If you are a beginner (module 1 or 2), you can either finish your current module in 2 weeks, or you can complete an entire module in 3 weeks.
If you are an advanced student (module 3 or 4), you can complete the first or last part of the module in 2 weeks.
To complete a module you must sit for a module exam. If you participate in the first part of a module, you can continue the module from August.
Extent of the course
The course takes place every day, Monday to Friday. In addition, you should expect about 1½ hour of homework every day. It is an intensive course that requires every day attendance.
If you attend the July course, you can attend an informal and interesting weekly excursion such as a canal tour in Copenhagen, a visit to Christiania or the like. Participation in the excursions is optional.
The practicalities - July course
- Module 3.1 & 3.2 start: 3 weeks from 1 to 21 July 2020.
- Module 3.1 & 3.2 continuation: 2 weeks from 1 to 14 July 2020.
- Module 3.3 & 3.4 start or continuation: 2 weeks from 1 to 14 July 2020.
- Mondays – Fridays: 9 – 12.15 + an optional weekly excursion.
- If you are entitled to Danish Education the courses are free of charge except for a one-off deposit of DKK 2.000,-. See deposit rules here.
- If you are not entitled to Danish Education the courses cost DKK 3.995 for 2 weeks and DKK 4.995 for 3 weeks. Excursions are included in the price.
Courses will be held provided that we get enough enrolments in each module.
The practicalities - August course
- Speak Hellerup (module 1 & 2).
- Module 3.1 & 3.2 start: 3 weeks from 10 to 28 August 2020.
- Mondays – Fridays: 9 – 12.
- If you are entitled to Danish Education the course is free of charge except for a one-off deposit of DKK 2.000,-.
- If you are not entitled to Danish Education the course costs DKK 4.995.
The course will be held provided that we get enough enrolments.
Rules relating to Danish language courses
You are required to complete your Danish language course within the deadlines of a so-called klippekort (a voucher system). This means, for example, that you have set deadlines to complete the individual modules of your course and the course in its entirety:
– If you are a self-supporting student (incl. an au pair), the general rule is that you must complete your Danish language course within 3½ years.
– If you are referred under the Integration Act, the general rule is that you must complete your Danish language course within 5 years.
If you are a student at Speak, please enrol by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not a student at Speak, you need to attend an interview with a language consultant, before you can enrol.
Deadline for enrolment in the July course is 17 June 2020.
Deadline for enrolment in the August course is 6 August 2020.