Classroom Danish Courses
Speak provides intensive Danish language courses at all levels. Choose between daytime, evening time and blended learning.
Our Danish language courses are for all foreign residents above the age of 18 who have a civil registration number and are entitled to Danish education.
“The teaching is based on us and the language we need in our everyday lives. We don’t just have a fixed curriculum. The teachers ask about the situations, where we need to speak Danish. It is very motivating.”
Veronica Lorena Studsgaard
student originally from England
Learn Danish quickly
At Speak, you will learn to speak Danish quickly to help you do better at work, in your studies and in your day-to-day life. The teaching is based on the language and vocabulary that you need in Denmark. The first few modules focus particularly on teaching you to speak Danish. Later, we will also concentrate on the written language. Teaching you good pronunciation is a key priority in all course modules.
We run many classes at all levels both during the day and in the evening. This means that Speak will always be able to offer you lessons that suit your needs and abilities.
Danish Language 1, 2 and 3
Our courses are divided into three levels: Danish Language 1, Danish Language 2 and Danish Language 3. Each course consists of six modules, and at the end of every module, you may sit a module examination.
Danish language examinations
You can finish any of our Danish Language courses by sitting an official examination. The examination is free of charge if you participate in the final module. Read more on the examinations and what they provide access to here.
We start new courses every month.
Daytime lessons (Hellerup & Lyngby):
- Danish Language 3: 3 times a week 9.15 – 12.00
- Danish Language 2 & 1: twice a week 9.00 – 14.15
Daytime lessons (Frederiksberg):
- Danish Language 3: 2 times a week 9.00 – 12.00 + online
- Danish Language 2: 3 times a week 9.00 – 12.00 or 12.30 – 15.30 (+ online)
Evening lessons (Hellerup & Lyngby):
- Danish Language 3, 2 & 1: Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday 18.30–21.00
Evening lessons (Frederiksberg):
- Danish Language 3: Blended learning – one evening per week (Monday – Thursday) 17.30 – 20.30 + online lessons
- Danish Language 2: Mondays & Wednesdays or Tuesdays & Thursdays 17.30–20.00
- If you have a civil registration number and are entitled to Danish language lessons, the courses cost DKK 2000 per module plus a one-off deposit of DKK 1250.
- Our courses are free to au pairs, residents referred under the Integration Act or recipients of unemployment benefit.
- If you are not entitled to Danish language lessons, the courses cost DKK 119 per lesson.
The prices include participation in module tests and the final Danish examination.
Rules relating to Danish language courses
You are required to complete your Danish language course within the deadlines of a so-called klippekort (a voucher system). This means, for example, that you have set deadlines to complete the individual modules of your course and the course in its entirety:
– If you are a self-supporting student (incl. an au pair), the general rule is that you must complete your Danish language course within 3½ years.
– If you are referred under the Integration Act, the general rule is that you must complete your Danish language course within 5 years.
You need to attend an interview with a language consultant, before you can enrol.