Danish Courses 2 x a week
Who can apply the courses?
Speak provides intensive Danish language courses at all levels. Choose between daytime and evening time.
Our Danish language courses are for all foreign residents above the age of 18 who have a civil registration number and are entitled to Danish education.
“The teaching is based on us and the language we need in our everyday lives. We don’t just have a fixed curriculum. The teachers ask about the situations, where we need to speak Danish. It is very motivating.”
Veronica Lorena Studsgaard
student originally from England
Learn Danish quickly
At Speak, you will learn to speak Danish quickly to help you do better at work, in your studies and in your day-to-day life. The teaching is based on the language and vocabulary that you need in Denmark. The first few modules focus particularly on teaching you to speak Danish. Later, we will also concentrate on the written language. Teaching you good pronunciation is a key priority in all course modules.
We run many classes at all levels both during the day and in the evening. This means that Speak will always be able to offer you lessons that suit your needs and abilities.
Danish Language 1, 2 and 3
Our courses are divided into three levels: Danish Language 1, Danish Language 2 and Danish Language 3. Each course consists of six modules, and at the end of every module, you may sit a module examination.
Danish language examinations
You can finish any of our Danish Language courses by sitting an official examination. The examination is free of charge if you participate in the final module. Read more on the examinations and what they provide access to here.
- You can attend Danish lessons at Hellerup, Frederiksberg, Lyngby or Helsingør. We also run courses at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU).
- We start new courses every month.
- + means that classroom teaching is supplemented with extra online assignments and exercises.
- DU3 Hellerup/Lyngby/Frederiksberg : twice a week : 9 – 12 +
- DU2 Hellerup/Lyngby/Frederiksberg : twice a week : 9 – 14.15 & 9 – 12 +
- DU1 Hellerup : twice a week (Thursdays & Fridays) : 9 – 13.30
- DU3 Hellerup : twice a week : 18.15 – 20.45
- DU3 Frederiksberg : twice a week : 16.30 – 18.45 or 19 – 21.15
- DU2 Hellerup/Lyngby : twice a week : 18.15 – 20.45
- DU2 Frederiksberg : twice a week : 17.30 – 20 (1 classroom session & 1 online Teams session)
- DU1 Hellerup : twice a week : 18.15 – 20.45 (modules 4, 5 & 6)
For blended, online and Saturday schedules, please click here
For schedules in Helsingør, please click here
- Courses are free of charge if you have a civil registration number and are entitled to Danish language lessons. However, you must pay a one-off deposit of DKK 2.000,-. (see below).
- Au pairs, residents referred under the Integration Act or recipients of unemployment benefit are exempt from paying the deposit.
- If you are not entitled to free Danish language lessons, the courses cost DKK 816,- per week in DU3 and DKK 136,- per lesson in DU2 & 1 respectively.
The prices include participation in module tests and the final Danish examination.
As a general rule, you are entitled to free Danish education for 5 years from your arrival to Denmark.
If you are a self supporting student (not au pairs) you must pay a deposit of DKK 2.000,- before you can start. You can get your deposit refunded – or transferred to the next module – if you pass the module within the set deadline.
If you do not pass the module within the deadline, you will lose your deposit and must pay a new deposit if you want to continue to the next module.
If you would like further information on our Danish language courses, please contact us on telephone number 3946 3050 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to attend an interview with a language consultant, before you can enrol.